“No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
Title IX covers:
- Education Programs or Activities
- Sexual Misconduct (Harassment & Violence)
- Equal Access to Facilities
- Admissions and Recruitment
The US Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights (OCR) enforces Title IX.
Some examples of discrimination that violates Title IX include:
- Sexual harassment
- Gender discrimination, including gender preference and gender identity
- Unequal distribution of athletic funds
Anyone who believes there has been an act of discrimination on the basis of sex against any person or group in a program or activity that receives Federal financial assistance may file a
complaint with OCR under Title IX. The OCR Complaint form can be found here.
Please contact Soquel Union Elementary School’s Title IX Coordinator if you wish to file a complaint, or have questions regarding Title IX compliance.
Dr. Lurena Brubaker, Title IX Coordinator
620 Monterey Ave.
Capitola, CA 95010